Posted on June 17, 2015 by Not Your Sugar Mamas | 0 Comments
This magical frozen treat is the complete opposite of Breakfast in Bed. It's full of the things that make dads into superheros!
Chocolate! BANG! Espresso! KAPOW! Cashews! BOOM!
Easy to make and free of refined sugar, dairy, and gluten, this treat is sure to get Dad movin' & groovin', zippin' & zoomin' all weekend long!
> 1.5 cups raw cashews
> 1/4 cup cacao butter (Do not substitute!)
> 4 shots of good espresso (We used Chillmark Coffee Co. Organic Espresso Roast. Alternatively, you could use 1/2 cup of coffee.)
> 1 tsp fine espresso grind
> 1 tsp vanilla
> 1/2 cup maple syrup
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 1/2 cup cacao nibs (optional)
> 2 oz raw chocolate (We used Pure & Simple Chocolate Bar.)
1. Soak the cashews in hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt cacao butter on low.
3. Make the 4 shots of espresso.
4. Combine cashews, cacao butter, espresso shots, vanilla, maple syrup, and olive oil in blender. Blend on high speed.
5. Mix in the 1 tsp of espresso grinds. If using cacao nibs mix in as well.
5. Pour into molds and freeze for 4-6 hours.
6. When ready to serve, melt Pure & Simple chocolate on low. Drizzle with spoon over the frozen coffee pops.
7. Enjoy your superhero strength!
Posted in cacao, cashew milk, chocolate, clean eating, coffee, dairy free, dessert, eating for energy, espresso, family, gluten free, healthy living, iced coffee, maple syrup, notyoursugarmamas, NYSM, organic, raw chocolate, recipe, recipes