A yoga teacher once shared a quote with me and it changed my life:
“For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin — real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.” [Alfred D. Souza]
Up until that point, I had looked at my life in terms of milestones... Once I finish college, I’ll really be an adult. Once I get promoted, my real career will begin. Once I pay off my loans, then I can start doing the things I love.
Then I realized that it’s all real life and it’s all worthy of being loved.
Having long term goals is an important way to keep life in perspective and to make sure you’re on track to achieving your dreams. But having small daily goals is just as important to keep you motivated and moving forward. By achieving small goals on a daily basis, you instill in yourself sense of accomplishment that makes it easier to take on the big stuff.
Here a some easy ways to love your life every day:
- Have a morning ritual. Whether it’s a cup of warm water with lemon or a little yoga stretch while still in bed, find something to calmly wake your mind and body from slumber before the day’s excitement begins.
- Be kind. It can be easy to anger when dealing with others we can’t understand. It’s important to remember that we all have bad days and you can’t understand what someone else is going through. So better to err on the side of kindness. It will keep you calm and feeling positive.
- Go outside. Fresh air and vitamin D will ignite your brain. There is no less expensive gym in the world than the one right outside your door. Don’t make excuses for this. Everyone can find 20 minutes in their day for a jog or brisk walk.
- Make a to-do list. Take a few minutes at the beginning of your work day to make a list of 5 things that you want to achieve that day. Be realistic. Breakdown large projects into parts that can be crossed off the list to help you see your progress towards a greater goal.
- Keep a “Worry” journal. Keep track of all the things that are stressing you out, no matter how small. Look back on it from time to time and reflect on what is still stressing you out, and what isn’t. It will surprise you to see what worrisome things have passed without much effort.
- Keep a tidy home. Get rid of things you don’t love or need. You shouldn’t own anything that you don’t know about. Every item should have a designated place. The process of simplifying your belongings into things you only love or need will organize your mind as well as your home. The same goes for your work place.
- Be thankful. Be thankful for health, loved ones, and all of the opportunities you’ve had... Reach out to a friend or family member that you haven’t heard from in a while and let them know you’re thinking about them.
- Nourish your mind & body. It’s up to us to keep the temple that is our body alive and well. Think about your computer. If you don’t keep it running properly, it will crash. And you can’t buy yourself a new body… Be cognisant of what you put in your body and how it makes you feel, physically and mentally. Make a commitment to improving your spirit via the foods you consume!
Last week during a brainstorming session on the beach, Ky and I were trying to think of ways we can spread the word more about our amazing products in a fun and authentic way. It is a requirement for us to have fun in the process of spreading the word about NYSM otherwise we feel like we are missing the whole point. So much of our business is really based around lifestyle design and we want to get more people involved. So we came up with the idea to do these mini “challenges.” For example, starting today we are taking our “Be Ballsy” product and we are going to post pictures of ourselves doing something that we consider to be ballsy each day for 2 weeks. This could simply just be a picture of how/when we like to enjoy eating our balls (hehe), or doing something out of our comfort zone that makes us FEEL ballsy. Whatever your interpretation. We will do this “ballsy” challenge for 2 weeks, then we will move on to one of our other products, like “Be Kookie” and so on and so forth. We will be blogging about our experience and posting fun videos as well so stay tuned. Please join the challenge by posting on Instagram and/or Facebook using hashtag: #beballsychallenge. At the end of the 2 weeks we will choose the best "Ballsy" pic and send you a FREE CARE PACKAGE, just cause we want to and we think you're awesome. We look forward to connecting with more of you and getting people to be more/eat more BALLSY!